Friday, April 27, 2007

Last day of attachments..

What a miserable day. And what a miserable way, to end our 4th med attachments... Got kicked out of the ward round to take histories - we were supposed to present them when they got to our patient in the round... So we go down at about 20 past 9, and the history and exam is done by 10, and so the waiting begins... Half 10 rolls around, and we're still waiting... I text Ailbhe to see if the team is with them yet - they're not. So we wait some more, and 11 o'clock arrives "I'm leaving if they don't get here in 5 minutes", Daniel goes and bleeps the SHO, "We're in Mary's, we're going to Anthony's next"... So we're like, OK, might as well wait for them at Anthony's... So we wait... And wait some more... And continue waiting... At this point, its close to 12pm... And everyone's getting agitated and irritated... Aimi's voice starts getting all high pitched, I start stamping my feet on the ground - throwing a little hissy fit... And Ailbhe, cool, calm and collected says "Sure, its our last day, let's not make a big thing out of this..." We finally catch sight of the team, and guess what? The consultant is gone... And its just the team then... And there's still too many people to be on a ward round, and we wait outside while they talk to patients... Hanging around only long enough to arrange for a tutorial... One is arranged for 3pm. I couldn't make it for the tutorial, but guess what, our group got stood up again - and the tutorial never materialised. Oh well, we're done. What a way to end it. Ah well... That's that.

I'm still here thinking of Mr. Man's shy smile :) I think the thing I liked about him, was that he's good looking, but wasn't full of himself? You can tell that about guys... Guys who act like they know they're good looking aren't as attractive as they would be if they didn't.

Anywho, enough about guys and their smiles :P

I'm pretty proud of myself, did I mention a couple of us from church are doing the Women's Mini Marathon? So I started training last week... Anyway, why am I proud of myself? Well yeah, I've been going to the gym for over a year now, and I hardly ever do work on the treadmill... Probably when I just started, but never really... So... This is what I've accomplished in a week:


Tuesday last week, I ran 2 km in 16 minutes (7.5 km/h) at 0 incline :)

Tuesday this week, I ran 3 km in 22 minutes (8.18 km/h) at an incline of 4 :)

And yesterday, I ran 4 km in 35 minutes (6.86 km/h) at an incline of 5 :)

Well not actually that proud bout my latest "result", got kinda lazy - and I don't think it was such a great idea to do all them weights before running, so new strategy for tomorrow... Start with stretches then go for the running :)

I have to say that I have ZERO stamina! I can run short distances and do them in bursts, but I find it hard to maintain things at a constant pace... So yeah, I'm proud of myself... Tomorrow, my goal is to get 5 km done in 35 minutes :) while keeping the incline steady at 5 :) Will be reporting back again tomorrow :)

No comments: